Investing.com – A major fork ter the cryptocurrency world is coming and its generating some controversy, even however splits have become common ter the past year.Sometime on February Nineteen, Litecoin Metselspecie will fork from Litecoin, presently the sixth largest digital currency by market capitalization.The situation is reminiscent of the famous Bitcoin Specie split from Bitcoin ter August 2017, one of Nineteen Bitcoin forks last year.Like any hard fork, Litecoin Specie will have its own blockchain technology, separate to the existing one. Its founders say Litecoin Specie’s block speed will be significantly swifter than Litecoin and Bitcoin.Litecoin’s creator, Charlie Lee, has reportedly warned that any fork could be a scam, because the fresh coin would be leveraging the Litecoin name to establish legitimacy. Litecoin Specie’s creators told Business Insider that the coin is not a scam and suggested significant improvement.Some market watchers are predicting that forks will become even more common after the latest launch of Forkgen, a webpagina that enables people with sufficient programming abilities to create spinoff currencies.
Wij encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, ter order to maintain the high level of discourse wij&rsquo,ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria ter mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only postbode material that&rsquo,s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE : Spam and/or promotional messages and linksom within a comment will be liquidated
- Avoid profanity, slander or individual attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don&rsquo,t Monopolize the Conversation. Wij appreciate passion and conviction, but wij also believe strongly te providing everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, te addition to civil interaction, wij expect commenters to suggest their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If wij receive complaints about individuals who take overheen a thread or forum, wij reserve the right to geobsedeerd them from the webpagina, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be permitted.